Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goals, Dreams, and aspirations for the wonderful year of 2010

So I have written my own personal list when the new year came around of my goals for 2010, but I thought I would share some of the most important ones I had written down and how it's going.

- Run a half marathon (will be done in June wootz!)

- Run a marathon (In October ;P)
Mind you I have never really been a runner per say but have always wanted to, thought this would be fun and a great way challenge my body in a new way, although I haven't done too much training but that I'm planning on getting right on top of when I kick this stupid cold I have right now!

- Work on better eating habits
I use to struggle and continue to try and heal from an eating disorder so through yoga, meditation, and healthy vegan eating, I'm working on this every single day.

- Love myself!
I am who I am and that's all I'm ever going to be so take it or leave it!!

- Strut my hawt bod in a bikini this summer and be comfortable doing it!
No matter how tiny I was I never ever felt good about being in a bikini but I want to this year, and it's not how I look in one that matters it's how I feel that matters, and I'll be damned if I dont feel like a million bucks wearing a cute Victorias Secret two piece with 5 inch heels... ok money prob wont allow for that but at least a cute one from wet seal or forever 21 will do just fine ;)

- Cut out icky artificial flavors! (and High fructose corn syrup yuck!)
"Hello, my name is Gabby".... "Hello Gabby".... "And I am addicted to Diet Coke" Yes I am addicted to this aspartame carbonated crack, and still am trying to kick this habit. It will happen mark my words! This also goes for added sweet n low in my coffee and tea (my good friend would kick mah butt if she knew I was still using it!)

- Just let things go!
Something I'm really learning from my deepening meditation practice. If someone says something in a certain way, if someone says something without thinking (mostly guys do this...) Don't over analyze it. It's really caused a lot of mental anguish and I'm done with that.

- Cook a new dish every week
It's probably been more like every other week :P

- Teach yoga
Done and Done!! wha what!!

- Read more Chuck Pahlanuk books...
An amazing author who wrote Fight Club, Choke, Rant, and many others who I just recently learned lives right here in the Portland area!

- More organic fruits and veggies... :)

These are just a few of my goals for the year. I didn't want to put unrealistic goals, I also wanted to make sure this year would be full of positive thoughts, love, self realization, and self acceptance. This year I want to be healthy in mind body and spirit. I want to be the best I can be not only for myself but for the man I love with all my heart, the friends I love and don't know what I'd do without. All of which I consider my family.

So with that I leave you a quote I try to live by

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha

Love&Peace!
Gabby

Thought this was funny.... For my geek boyfriend <3 now he'll understand meditation!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Heya Gabby and welcome to the blog world! It seems like we have a lot in common since I'm equally very passionate about yoga and vegan living. I'm not such a great runner, though, so I very much admire you for your half-marathon goals. I look forward to reading more on your blog and love that you listed out some of your goals for 2010. Feel free to email me anytime or stop by my blog. I'd love to chat :)
    Have a lovely day! xox
    Mandiee

    ReplyDelete